Despair has looked me in the eyes
And to my heart has whispered many lies.
It shut inside me many cries,
And asked me my life to despise.
So much darkness had surrounded me,
And for the life of me I could not see
The way to escape. Oh could it be
That pain was all my life would hold for me?
So I blindly clung to this thing called hope
And sometimes I really had to grope.
I was truly at the end of my rope
And it took all my strength to simply cope.
But see! I'm still alive today!
T'was Jesus Who helped me hope I say
And when I cannot see He leads me on the way
To joy and healing that's to come at break of day.
Though morn has not yet come for me,
E'en now you might hear me laugh with glee.
For as oft as my tear filled nights may be,
There truly is a song in the night for me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment